As a rule, man is fool; when its hot, he wants it cool; when its cool, he wants it hot; always wanting what is not!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Looking forward to busy days!

I have had my share of inactive days in which i had nothing to do. Now the countdown has started.....



There are just 11 days left and my days of freedom (velapan) will end. Oh! i am so pleased to know that.

I often ask myself if the seemingly endless months of studies and preparations for exams and entrance tests frustrated me more or these two months of complete idleness. I almost had started to think of myself as an idler, a burden on this already burdened society of mine who eats, sleeps and wakes up again to eat and then sleep again.Suddenly my insomnia was gone as soon as i was free from the monsterous intermediate books. I had been sleeping as if in hibernation. I have slept so much that i am pretty sure i can go on without doing that again for a few weeks atleast.

For the first time, i realized what a curse it was to have nothing to do, to have no tasks set for a day, to have no immediate purpose in life. I had often yearned for the life i was kindly granted for two months. A mere glimpse of the life i had actually desired once was enough to terrify me and make me determined to stay busy all my life.

These days made me aware and actually worry about my being anaemic. They also gave me plenty of time to bother myself and my demented mind with all sort of family matters. They made me think for hours about all sort of things i never gave a second thought to. They made my headaches even more frequent.

But as i see my ordeal nearing its end, i am getting better everyday. I am looking forward to a splendid time ahead.I am looking forward to the time when i will be too busy to even scratch my head. When i will have to spend hours locked in my room studying books which i hope i will love.

I am looking forward to a lot many new friends, a whole lot of new interesting people which i will meet and befriend.
I hope i will have a great time in the coming five years which are the most important in my academic career.I hope shifa will prove to be the best thing that ever happened to me.
I hope....after five years i will be writing another lengthy post to preserve many new memories.

No comments: