As a rule, man is fool; when its hot, he wants it cool; when its cool, he wants it hot; always wanting what is not!

Friday, March 23, 2007

Grandma is here.....

Huh! What a frustrating day it is.
From the very start it was bad enough. I should have guessed this is not one of my best days. It started with my mom shouting at me to wake up. I was late again:(. Usually my mom leaves me to myself and my bed but today it was different. The reason is obvious. My grandma is here. At least we should behave ourselves in front of her. So I woke up early today and abandoned my sweet dreams in the middle. They really were sweet today. Although I was not dreaming of my prince charming, but tonight I was honored with a dream of a very nice old teacher of mine. But in the middle of her nice lecture, came my mom:(. Coming to the breakfast, it was fine. Not so good, not so bad. Today also timing was the problem. Yeah I am not accustomed to having my breakfast early in the morning. But thanks to my grandma, I did it.
How can dad even think of my studying physics today?
I simply cannot. First of all, I hate that particular subject. It gives me a headache. And with my mom and grandma discussing all the family problems, I cannot stuff cotton in my ears. I have to listen. The fact that grandma is talking with my mom, not me, is not important. So I cannot prepare for the physics paper. Its not preparation to be exact, its revision, but without revision the paper is going to be a bad one. As far as physics is concerned, my paper is never good, no matter what the situation is.
Still I’ll have to open the book. But today its 23rd march, I have to watch some TV too. I cannot miss it today. It’s the PAKISTAN RESOLUTION DAY. I enjoyed the parade today on PTV. I am proud of Pakistan army. They performed well. My brother was very excited. One moment he was in front of the TV screen, the other he was on the rooftop. Unable to decide which view is the better one. I enjoyed his runningJ.
There is little to say on other things. Our family is really a unique one. All the issues revolve around money. The way I had spent my life till now, I cannot say money was ever scarce. It was quite enough for our use. But the credit goes to my dad; he made it enough by his hard work. He came from the village to study. Worked hard, made his life. He is still working hard. I hope I’ll not disappoint him. I never did in the past. I hope I’ll be able to fulfill all his dreams. I can see that he is losing his stamina. No more the man who could climb all the stairs up to the fourth floor in one breathe. It worries me that he is careless about his own health. But then, after all he had done for us and is still doing, we should take care of him.
Now I’ll discuss my dad in detail some other time. At present, the pressing issue is that I have to go to my grandpa’s home (my mom’s dad). I really will miss him there. That house is incomplete without him. He died 40 days back, so will have to attend his “CHALISWAN”. I hope he is in peace in the other world. May be this will be the last time we ever go there, because the other relatives don’t want to meet us. It’s a long story why they don’t. The other relatives are actually the step brothers and sisters of my mom. They really are mean people. They left us without any reason. They made my mom extremely upset. Well I don’t know why I am living in the past today. Actually mom is missing his dad. It’s natural that she will. This discussion about my family is really making me tense.
The remaining day is not going to be a good one too. It’s going to be the day in a gloomy house with people who don’t want to see each other. I hope it will be over soon. I’ll have to study at night, if these thoughts ever allowed me to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well dear. at least i am the first one to leave a comment. well i don't know what to write but i will only write that you really got a good site. i really appreciate what you have written in it. i only read about 23rd March but i will try to read others also. well just enjoy your life. try to be happy forever. also write something about your examination. take care. God bless you. Be happy

Your new friend
Ali Raza
(alirazakhan_pk@hotmail.com)

Unknown said...

i read all ur written material...its interesting...people use to write diaries and u fill ur blog...but i think diaries are more reliable as u write in ur own handwriting and then reading it after several years...one enjoys dat how my handwriting was some years ago and can easily see the difference dat has come in his personality from time to time...psychology study tells us dat handwriting has a great impact on human`s personality...i also used to write diaries when i was in PAF Public School Lower Topa...now its really fun reading it...but the problem is to continue ur hobby regularly...as i have observed u are not writing as regularly...any reason for dat...anywayz...it was very enjoyable reading ur blog especially the one u wrote about ur exams...i think the result is out now....is it of matric or fsc...
Your ________(Cant say anything)
Hamza Malik

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.......

Life is a bitter sweet reality.It has happiness a bit and many sorrows.We try to both ends meet, we are slave to the money and then at last we die.

Death is a bitter reality. So sorry for your grandpa.